Let me just start by saying that I can’t believe that this time last year I was pregnant anxiously waiting Roman’s arrival! It honestly has been the best 11 months of my life since he has come into our lives! Roman is almost 1, his birthday is July 26th so I was curious to see how he would do with the fireworks. Would he love them, be confused by them, or just HATE them?!
We got to spend the day at my parents house where they have a pool. We hung around outside and listened to some music while we waited for the rest of the family and some friends to come over. Once they arrived we did the usual 4th of July BBQing along with some s’mores by the fire (SOOOO good!). Naturally we had some type of firework accident …. what we thought were fountains turned out to have something bigger in them!! The first firework shot off and tipped the whole thing over aiming the fireworks right at us!! It was FANTASTIC, hahaaa! Roman was in his pack n play with Madden (our other family baby, they’re only 2 1/2 weeks apart in age!) and I can honestly say that I don’t think I’ve ever got out of my chair so quick.. I ran over and grabbed the babies like the world was ending!! I didn’t even know I had that kind of speed in me hahaha! Once that disaster was over we made sure that they were labeled FOUNTAIN. The babies loved them so much.
The next night we went to the Bradley Fair Fireworks show, but we sat at Twin Peaks outside on the patio and watched from there. Unfortunately Roman was sleepy so we had to leave early.. I was hoping he would love to see lots of big fireworks but I guess he just couldn’t hang! We will of course try again next year, with him being so close to two I’m sure he will enjoy them so much more! I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July!
Below I will leave a list of essentials that helped us with baby during a busy day like the 4th<3
- Pack and Play —> This is crucial! It was so convenient to have something mobile to keep him in during the evening that he could sit down in and play with his toys. With my parents having a pool and him being able to crawl and walk it was nice to not have to worry so much about if he was getting too close to the edge or not! I also love that if they’re in the grass playing you can take the bottom part of the pack and play out and use it as a play mat for the grass or even hot concrete.
- Bug Spray —> Being outside in general especially during the evening and by a body of water it attracts mosquitos. Lets be honest, theres nothing worse than a itchy uncomfortable baby too!
- Sunscreen —> If you’re going to be outside or in the water lets protect that beautiful skin, both you and baby!
- Floaties —> If your baby doesn’t know how to swim but loves the water try finding them a floaty they can sit in. Roman loves the water so we wanted something he could float around in and hang out with us since he isn’t big enough for arm floaties or life vests yet! Also try finding one with a hood on it that helps protect them from the sun.
- Tanks, Sandals, Hats, and cotton shorts —> We all love a cute baby, but make sure they’re clothes are breathable and comfortable so they don’t over heat. Roman went through 2 tank tops that day! It was a hot one!
- Mobile fan —> Try finding a portable fan to attach to their strollers, car seats, or pack and plays! Not only do they help keep baby cool but Roman found It so entertaining! You may also try those old school but totally awesome water bottles with the fans attached to them!
I hope these little essentials helped!